Thursday, January 19, 2012

TAN Driver Blog-Marie Ferriolo-TAFC

Happy new year!! I hope everyone is enjoying their 2012 and sticking to their resolutions. I successfully gave up caffeinated coffee and I am flossing my teeth regularly. I'm also going to give P90 a try...some extra arm muscles wouldn't with my ability to steer the car. This is also the time of year I start watching football -- playoffs are more exciting for me than regular season games. Do I root for a team? Nope...I just root for  competitive games, not those high-scoring-one-team-gets-stomped-on-46 to 3 games.

We're getting everything ready for Gainesville. My Dad has been busy fabricating new front engine mounts and putting the motor back together. My Mom and I have our travel plans booked...I can't miss too much work so I'll have to fly down. Not going to lie, I'd probably enjoy the trip with my Dad -- he's the perfect long-distance travel partner because he doesn't talk too much, he doesnt smell and he always picks up the fuel tab :-) But my Mom is fun to fly with -- she's always got that one thing you never thought to put in your carry-on and I'll never have to worry about getting to my gate too late.

We fired up the car on Sunday for the first time. I had all of my gear on from head to toe and let me tell you, I didn't mind!! It was barely 30 degrees outside. Bottom line: the car started. (It's all about appreciating the little things these days). Just a few more weeks of work to fly through and then I'll be back on the track.


Enough sitting at my computer...I need to get myself onto the treadmill and burn off some of the peanut M&M's I ate at work today. I seriously need some good running/staging-lane music...Any recommendations are appreciated!! You can let me know on Twitter @MarieFerriolo.

Enjoy the rest of the week!


Marie Ferriolo is the driver of the Ferriolo Motorsports Top Alcohol Funny Car. Follow her on Twitter at @MarieFerriolo.

1 comment:

  1. CANT WAIT TO START THE RACE SEASON AGAIN WITH THIS FAMILY THIER TRUELY ARE GOOD PEOPLE !!

    ReplyDelete