Thursday, April 5, 2012

San Antonio Nitro Jam Goes Big for Dennis

Courtesy of THR5 Communications

San Antonio, TX - Kristen Dennis and her Ladies' First Pro Fuel Dragster went big Texas Style. That is putting it mild. Dennis captured the IHRA Nitro Jam Ironman trophy and the crowds couldn't get enough of this Texas native.

"I signed and handed out all the hero cards I had and went to scrambling to find more," said Dennis. "In Texas the saying is, "Go Big, or Go Home!" I have regular duties I perform on my car prior to each round. After the first run, I didn't have time to pack my chutes or even warm up my car, that's where a great crew steps in. I was busy signing cards and speaking to fans. It was a very humbling experience. San Antonio race fans rock!"

On the track, Dennis was matched up against Robin Samsel in the first race. Samsel knew he had to be quick off the line, but pushed the tree a bit too much and red-lighted the race away. Dennis posted a 5.416/259.37 for the win. The Ladies' First team raced back to the pits to hop the car up for the finals against Bill Evans. They knew they had to be on their game. When the finals time came, Dennis got the starting line advantave and never looked back. She couldn't have anyway, after posting a 5.385 elapsed time with a thundering 276.92 miles per hour to Evan's 5.512/264.39.

"I knew it was on a run, and it kept me in my seat the whole way down the track," said Dennis. "We looked at the computer after the race and the car pulled 3.3 g's at the launch, and it pulled 2g's on the run continuously to 1000 feet. After this run my hands were shaking, it was such a rush," added Dennis. The Nitro Jam Ironman trophy was hers, and Dennis stopped four times on the return road to acknowledge the crowd in the stands. The San Antonio IHRA race fans loved Kristen Dennis and her Ladies' First Dragster, and she let them know how much it meant to her.

After the final round, the crowds swarmed the Ladies' First pits and Dennis. "I met so many great fans this weekend," said Dennis. "I didn't realize how much of an impact I had on people. My daughter came up to me and said: "Mom, there's someone here you have to meet." She brought me to a young lady with tears in her eyes. I asked if she was okay, the young lady wanted to tell me what a big inspiration I was to her, and what she could do to be like me. It was powerful stuff. I had to struggle to keep from breaking down myself. Being a woman drag racer is about dreams, goals, and strength to believe "yes I can" and that makes everything I go through worth it. I have been blessed with this opportunity to inspire people, and I am so grateful for that." Dennis went on to thank those who helped her get out to the track. "I really want to thank Space City Hot shots, 801 Racing and CleanBoost Oil, Global Promotional Advertising, Anglia Homes, and Glass Depot," added Dennis.

The race was over around nine pm. Dennis had to be dragged to the Winner's Circle ceremony around eleven pm. The team left the track around three am. This was a big event for everyone, Texas big. The IHRA Nitro Jam series continues on, even though Kristen Dennis would love to run every race in Texas. Her next race will be May 4-5 in Baton Rouge, LA at State Capitol Raceway and Dennis will be carrying plenty of Texas confidence and fan spirit with her.


We believe true happiness comes from blazing down the blacktop with the pedal to the metal and our hair on fire. The whiter our knuckles get, the better. If it were up to us, the cars wouldn't even have brakes, just two gas pedals. It's this never-ending need for speed that drives everything we do. We spend countless hours in the lab and lying awake at night plotting and planning how to get more speed by any means possible. After decades of research and innovation, we've developed a complete line of performance and car care products designed to ensure that your ride lives up to its potential on the street and on the track. We know what you want. We got what you need. We are 801 Racing. For more information on 801 racing, please visit: http://www.801racing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment