Thursday, September 13, 2012

TAN Driver Blog - Marie Ferriolo - TAFC


When you complete a speech therapy evaluation you provide the family with a prognosis for treatment; occasionally you have to provide a diagnosis of “guarded” when you have reservations about the success of treatment.  My dad has always believed in guarded optimism when racing.  “You can high five on the starting line but don’t celebrate until you drop the pan.”

I packed my suitcase for Charlotte with “guarded optimism” floating in my head.  We have had such a stellar season thus far, continuously making steps forward.  ETs and mile per hour are steadily increasing; 60 foot times are steadily decreasing; team performance and cohesion continues to get better.  My reaction times are even ever-so-slightly improving!!

It’s hard to keep your feet on the ground sometimes.  We got into the 5.6’s for the first time ever at Cecil and we just keep getting compliments.  I’ll never have to worry about my head getting too big because it has to fit into my helmet ;-) However, in the theme of being “guarded” I have to remember obstacles are everywhere.  We don’t have a lot of money so we can’t push the car beyond the point of small repairs, and it’s important for us to be consistent but considering the registered field we’ll still have to be competitive.  *sigh* (Anyone want to sponsor our amazing team?!?!)

I wonder what Charlotte has to hold for us?  Here’s hoping I don’t trip while running, I keep the car straight, we get another 5.6 second pass and we win first round!!

Marie Ferriolo is the driver of the Central Metals/Ferriolo Motorsports Top Alcohol Funny Car. Follow her on Twitter: @MarieFerriolo. Tune in to Marie's segment on The Sam Auxier Jr. Show this Monday, September 17th! 7 PM ET

No comments:

Post a Comment