Saturday, July 26, 2014

Driver Profile - Ashley Sanford



Driver: Ashley Sanford
 
Car: Gelish/Lucas Oil A/Fuel Dragster
 
Age: 20
 
Hometown: Fullerton, CA
 
Occupation: Server 
 
Family: Shane (Dad), Michele (Mom), Sydney (sister), and our five dogs, Riley, Woody, Bella, Lily, and Sophie!
 
Accomplishments: Living my dream racing dragsters at over 270 mph with my family's support!
 
First race car: Honda ATV
 
Favorite movies: All of the Disney Classics, Girl Interrupted, and anything with Will Ferrell. 
 
Favorite music: Classic Rock
 
Favorite TV shows: Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and American Horror Story.
 
Favorite sports teams: San Francisco 49ers
 
Favorite racetrack: The Strip at the Las Vegas Motor speedway
 
When I'm away from the racetrack I: am either working or spending time with family, friends and my dogs!
 
Favorite racing memory: Getting to race my dad in the sand drags! He was in a top fuel dragster and I was in a blown alcohol dragster, and I won!
 
Top accomplishment in racing: Getting our Gelish dragster to qualify 2nd at a national event!
 
Toughest opponent: Couldn't say I have one. I like to treat every pass no different from any other. Just focus on myself and hope we get the win light! 
 
Favorite opponent: Chris Demke – he's an awesome guy!
 
Favorite drivers outside TAD: Tony Schumacher, Alexis DeJoria, and Erica Enders.
 
Personal heroes: My dad; he's the most hard-working and determined guy I know. He's helped make my dreams come true and has always believed in me; he's my rock!
 
I race because: There is something addicting about the way it feels to sit in a 4500 HP dragster, from getting strapped in to the launch. It feels like home to me! 
 
I race TAD because: I want to continue to push and challenge myself in racing. TAD is the perfect playground for that.
 
Pre-race rituals or superstitions: High five all of my awesome crew guys before every run and always get in on the right side!
 
Nobody knows that I: Cheered in high school – I traded in my pom poms for a fire suit no problem!
 
If I didn't race I would: Be totally lost! I would always have to be involved with racing, whether I'm in the seat or not. 
 
Twitter username: @ashleyracergirl
Instagram username: ashleyracergirl
Website: http://ashleysanforddragracing.com/

Top Alcohol News photos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment