Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TAN Driver Blog - Greg Hunter - TAD

It has been an absolute great time driving the Kenny Gilmour Exactair Top Alcohol Dragster! We started out in Phoenix to crossover my TAFC license. Seemed like it should have been pretty straight forward but it did not go as planned. Wow, these cars can really make you scratch your head sometimes! We didn't get crossed over there so we headed over to Las Vegas for the NHRA Regional event, where we ran a 5.54 at 250 mph – my first five second run! It was really smooth and I couldn't believe it when they told me at the end of the run. I have to give all the credit to the crew of Kenny, Cal, Gary, John, Del, Darlene, and my wife Staci!

We then ran the NHRA national event in Vegas the following weekend. We had some clutch issues during qualifying and didn't get a good run in but there were only 15 cars so we ended up 14th and faced James Butler driving for Hugh Ridley first round. Cal and Kenny put a safe tune-up in it and it was just enough to take down James! My first NHRA round win! I didn't know I had won until the guy told me at the top end. I was so pumped I could hardly get my seat belts off! We stepped it up the next round but lost to Garrett Bateman, who made a really great run to put us on the trailer. All in all it was a great weekend aside from the broken pieces!

We just got back from the Mission Regional, where we had some clutch problems again from the clutch that we thought had been fixed. That is how it goes sometimes! We lost first round to our friends from Manitoba, Gord Gingles in the Cliff Baxx A-Fuel dragster. What is up with these A-Fuel Dragsters making their career best runs against me? Haha! We are now on to Denver for the regional race there. I am really looking forward to this race where we have a lot of friends and customers. I anticipate a good showing this weekend!

Greg Hunter is the driver of the ExactAir Compliance Systems/Kenny Gilmour Motorsports Top Alcohol Dragster.

No comments:

Post a Comment