Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Driver Profile - D.J. Cox


Driver: D.J. Cox

Car: Anderika Racing Top Alcohol Funny Car

Age: 34

Hometown: Whiteford, MD

Occupation: Project Manager

Family: Parents – Darrel and Mary

Accomplishments: 3 Runner-up finishes in Lucas Oil Series TAFC competition

First race car: Jr. Dragster

Favorite movies: The Hangover, Bad Santa (I laugh every time), and American Nitro

Favorite music: Anything with a good beat

Favorite TV shows: NHRA Lucas Oil Series ESPN2 coverage

Favorite sports teams: Baltimore Ravens

When I'm away from the racetrack I: Kayak, and work out at Get Fit Boot Camp

Favorite racing memory: First full pass in a Funny Car, WHAT A RIDE!!!

Top accomplishment in racing: 3 runner-up finishes in TAFC Lucas Oil Competition

Toughest opponent: Frank Manzo. That guy beat up on me pretty bad!

Favorite opponent: Frank Manzo always brought out the best in me. I'm going to miss racing that team.

Favorite drivers outside TAD: Chrissy Walter-Cox

Personal heroes: My Mom & Dad

I race because: The competition, the feeling of shifting two gears, and hitting the 'chutes. There is no other place I would rather be than strapped in a Funny Car!

I race TAFC because: Driving a Funny Car has been a dream of mine since I was 8 years old.

Pre-race rituals or superstitions: Right boot on first, left glove on first.

Nobody knows that I: Lean over the injector and talk to my car before every race.

If I didn't race I would: Join the circus. That was my dream until I was 8.


 
Photos courtesy of David Smith/PSA and D.J. Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment