Monday, May 12, 2014

Driver Profile - JP Gutierrez


Driver: JP Gutierrez

Car: MGM Grand Detroit Top Alcohol Dragster

Age: 24

Hometown: Berkley, MI

Occupation: Engine Builder and Engine Machinist

Family: Brother – Phil, Mother – Laura, Father - David

Accomplishments: Owning and Building our Top Alcohol Dragster Operation

First race car: Jr. Dragster

Favorite movies: Hollywood Knights, Smokey and The Bandit, Cannon Ball Run

Favorite music: The Doors, CCR, AC/DC

Favorite TV shows: Archer, Modern Family, Family Guy, Elementary

Favorite sports teams: Detroit Lions

When I'm away from the racetrack I: Work on engines during the day at work and the race car at night.

Favorite racing memory: Working on the Yas Marina Top Fuel Dragster with my brother in Abu Dhabi.

Top accomplishment in racing: Getting my Top Alcohol Dragster Driver License

Toughest opponent: Marty Thacker

Favorite opponent: Brandon Greco

Favorite drivers outside TAD: Mike Dunn and Jack Ostrander

Personal heroes: My Brother Phil

I race because: Racing challenges you everyday to be your best

I race TAD because: I believe it has the best competition in the NHRA, it challenges you as driver, they sound cool and haul ass!

Pre-race rituals or superstitions: Look the car over, get in, and focus on driving.

Nobody knows that I: Work all hours of every day and every night to improve and prepare our race car.

If I didn't race I would: Build the coolest pontoon boat ever with my brother.




Website: Coming Soon!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment