Saturday, May 10, 2014

Driver Profile - Todd Robertson


Driver: Todd Robertson

Car: Eaton Corporation Top Alcohol Funny Car

Age: 48

Hometown: Harrison Township, MI

Occupation: Drag racer

Family: Wife – Lynne, Son – Grant

Accomplishments: Owning my own race team and staying married for 18 years

First race car: 1968 Dodge Charger

Favorite movies: Snake and Mongoose

Favorite music: Aerosmith

Favorite TV shows: NHRA ESPN2 broadcasts

Favorite sports teams: Anything that overruns NHRA on TV, because that is the only time I watch other sports!

When I'm away from the racetrack I: work on my race car.

Favorite racing memory: Buying my first pro car – a 1994 ex-Darrell Alderman Haas-built Dodge Avenger.

Top accomplishment in racing: 2010 Milan 'Run What Ya Brung' Champion and 2010 Norwalk Door Wars Champion

Toughest opponent: Everyone in TAFC

Favorite opponent: Tony Bartone

Favorite drivers outside TAFC: Don Garlits

Personal heroes: My Dad

I race because: It's fun and challenging.

I race TAFC because: I can.

Pre-race rituals or superstitions: Listen to Aerosmith

Nobody knows that I: Eat, sleep, and breathe drag racing

If I didn't race I would: Restore and cruise Mopar muscle cars.
 
Photo courtesy of Steve Fuhrman

No comments:

Post a Comment